2020 Membership is Open!
Annual Business Membership: $100**
*Register by January 31 to be listed in our printed food guide. All members will be listed in our online food guide and online map.
- Brand Recognition - For over 10 years, BFBLN has been a trusted resource for customers to know that are buying from a business that supports local! You will receive BFBLN branding materials for display at your business.
- Promotion in the Nebraska Food Guide - Your business will be listed in a beautiful, professionally-designed local food directory, identifying your business as a one that supports and purchases products from Nebraska diversified family farmers and ranchers, and/or sells locally-produced food. 8,000 copies of the food guide are distributed each year! Check out our most current food guide.
- Connection to Consumers - Get your business put on the local food map! Let consumers know that you source and support local foods in your community. Your business name and location will be identified on an interactive map both in the Food Guide and on our website to help people find your business! We also promote our members through BFBLN website, newsletters, "Featured Member of the Week", social media and traditional media.
- Event Opportunities - Take part in BFBL-hosted events that keep you connected with Nebraska’s outstanding diversified farmers and ranchers, consumers searching for locally-grown or raised food, and fellow BFBLN members.
- 2020 Events Include: Local Food Showcases in Lincoln and Hastings (stay-tuned...will be adding more locations!), farm tours, our first-ever eat local challenge, and more!
To be eligible you must:
- Use locally-grown products in your business and working to increase local offerings. See business-specific details below.
Locally grown and produced foods must be displayed and labeled. An average of four local products must be available. Must be working to increase local food offerings or length of time of local food offerings.
Local ingredients must be promoted (See Restaurants/Caterers). Must be working to increase use of local ingredients.
Must offer local meats raised by, Nebraska small family farmers & ranchers, for sale and identify with signage. Be working to increase local meat offerings and make them an increasing percentage of sales.
Must use at least two Nebraska ingredients in your product. Such as your own grapes, hops, grains, and/purchase from growers within Nebraska.
Restaurants or Caterers who are sourcing local product from area growers and producers may apply to become a member. Several ingredients must be grown in Nebraska and should be purchased directly from the farmer, market or co-op within Nebraska. Local products purchased should be a part of your regular menu or used for specials. There is no minimum requirement for how much local product you must use, but you must be working to increase use of local food ingredients.
Other Food Processors: Not sure if you qualify? Contact us and we will be happy to talk with you. BFBLN Advisory Board will use its discretion when reviewing your application for approval. Must be working to increase local food offerings.
BFBLN connects us not only to our customer base but to outstanding suppliers as well. The Guide is the go-to source for an amazing diversity of products and a direct link to the people behind them. Renee Cornett Prairie Plate Restaurant