Meet Kristine and Bob Bernt of Clear Creek Organic Farms!
“Producing healthy foods for healthy families.”
Clear Creek Organic Farms is situated in the beautiful rolling hills where the Clear Creek joins the Cedar River near Spalding, Nebraska (Greeley County), about 70 miles north of Grand Island.
Kristine and Bob Bernt have farmed the land for decades and the farm and the land has been in the Bernt family for over 125 years. Running a diverse farming operation with dairy, vegetable, and meat production has allowed not only for healthy soils, but also for the Bernt children to stay involved on employed on the farm.
The Bernt family grow and raise vegetables, row crops, dairy cows, laying hens, pastured hogs, chickens, and ducks. The Bernt’s have found success in adding value to raw products on their farm through:
- An on-farm commercial kitchen that allows the farm to process the bounty of vegetables and fruits into cut & frozen vegetables and jams.
- Grass-fed milk (A2) is turned into ice cream, butter, and cheddar-based cheeses.
- Sale of soy-free prok, broilers (meat chickens), ducks, and grass-fed beef.
Clear Creek Organic Farms is very active in local food policy and farmer advocacy in their community and across the state. Transparency and connection are important to the Bernts -they host farm tours and field days every summer. Clear Creek Organic Farms products can be purchased directly through the farm, online at the Nebraska Food Coop, and at various grocers and retail stores such as Leon’s (Lincoln) and 23Market (Columbus). The best way to get in touch is to call or contact via facebook!
Clear Creek Organic Farms offers:
- Fresh vegetables and fruits
- Frozen vegetables
- Pastured pork and grass-fed beef
- Cow milk, cheese, and ice-cream
Where to find Clear Creek Organic Farms: