2021 Membership runs December 2020 - January 31 2021!
Receive an email notification when membership opens: go.unl.edu/jvjj
Annual Membership Fee for Family Farmer/Rancher: $50
*Join by January 31 to be listed in our printed food guide. All members will be listed in our online food guide and online map.
- Brand recognition - For over 10 years, the BFBLN has been a trusted resource for customers to know they are supporting local! You will receive BFBLN branding materials for display at your business including 10 complimentary point of purchase cards (POP Cards) for your farmers' market booth!
- Exposure in the Nebraska Food Guide - Promotion on our website, social/traditional media, Featured Member of the Week, events, and in our beautiful, professionally-designed local food directory with over 8,000 copies distributed across the state! Check out our current food guide.
- Connection to Consumers & Community - Be part of a statewide network that is striving to make local foods a vital component of every community and take part in BFBLN-hosted events.
- 2020 Events Include: Local Food Showcases in Lincoln and Hastings (stay-tuned...will be adding more locations!), farm tours, and our first-ever eat local challenge, and more!
- Technical Support - Let us & fellow members know about your challenges, successes, and needs! We can support access to marketing, business management, pricing, new regulations training and technical assistance as requested.
- Grow or raise foods or other agricultural products (ornamental plants, bedding plants or Christmas trees) in Nebraska primarily for consumption in the state OR grown/raised foods in a bordering state with majority of sales in Nebraska (these will be considered on a case-by case basis).
- BFBLN products must be traceable to a specific Nebraska farm or ranch.
- BFBLN materials should be used only for locally-raised products. BFBLN members that also retail non-locally produced items are asked to take care that such products are properly labeled to distinguish them from local food.
BFBLN gave us a practical and affordable avenue to get the word out about our Graze Master Meat program. The credibility of BFBLN assures our potential customers that we are legit in how we raise our animals and our commitment to building communities. Del FickeFicke Cattle Company
Products Available for Listing
Apples, Apricots, Asian Pears, Asparagus, Beans, Beets, Blackberries, Broccoli, Brussels Sprout, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Cherries, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Elderberries, Garlic, Grapes, Greens, Herbs, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Lettuce, Melons, Mulberries, Mushrooms, Nectarines, Okra, Onions, Parsnips, Paw Paws, Peaches, Pears, Peas, Peppers, Persimmons, Plums, Potatoes, Pumpkin, Radishes, Raspberries, Rhubarb, Rutabaga, Shallots, Spinach, Squash(s), Squash (w), Strawberries, Sweet Corn, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Turnips
Beef, Buffalo, Goat, Lamb, Pork, Rabbit, Catfish, Tilapia, Trout, Chicken, Duck, Emu, Goose, Ostrich, Turkey
Cow, Goat, Sheep, Butter, Cheese, Ice Cream, Kefir
ON FARM VALUE ADDED PRODUCTS
Cider, Cut Flowers, Christmas Trees, Dried Beans, Dehydrated Veg/Fruit/Herbs, Eggs, Floral, Fiber Products, Grains, Honey, Jams, Jellies, Nuts, Syrups Soap, Transplants, Trees/Shrubs, & More!
PRODUCTS SOLD THROUGH:
CSA (our own), Direct on Farm, Distilleries, Farmers Market, Farm Website, Grocery Store, Institutions, Meat Locker, On Farm Store, Pick Your Own, On-Line Farmers' Market, Restaurant, Roadside Stand, Schools, Wineries
ATTRIBUTES OF PRODUCTS:
Antibiotic Free, Biodynamic, Certified Natural, Certified Organic, Conventional, Confinement, Free Range, Grass Fed, Heritage, Heirloom, Hormone Free, Hydroponic, IPM, rBST Free, Sustainable, Transitional Organic