2021 Membership begins in December and runs throuh January!
Receive an email notification when membership opens: go.unl.edu/jvjj
*Join by January 31 to be listed in our printed food guide. All members will be listed in online food guide and online map.
Annual Farmers' Market Membership Fees:
1 – 5 vendors $25
6-15 vendors $50
16 – 35 vendors $150
36+ vendors $250
- Profesionally-designed poster with your market name, dates, and location: Example Poster. From the Farmers' Market Coalition website: In a recent national survey of farmers who sell at farmers markets, farmers reported the best way markets can support their business is by better advertising and signage. The trusty poster has long served as one of the most essential ways farmers markets can promote their venue.
- Promotion in the Nebraska Food Guide - Listing in a beautiful professionally-designed local food directory, identifying your farmers' market as one that supports Nebraska diversified family farmers and ranchers, and that offers consumers locally-produced food. See the current printed food guide here!
- Listing in our Online Food Guide.
- Receive promotional signage including a BFBLN Certificate and window cling.
- Promotion at events and on the BFBLN website, email, social media and traditional media.
- Highlighted as a “Featured Member of the Week” on social media and the website. Articles are archived on the BFBLN website for consumer awareness.
- Take part in events that keep you connected with other BFBLN members and consumers searching for locally-grown and raised food, and organizations and agencies that support local food production and Nebraska’s outstanding diversified farmers and ranchers.
- Marketing, business management, pricing, new regulations trainings and technical assistance as requested.
- Discounted price to conduct on-site visitor surveys for your market. Make Data Work For You. We know that finding time to collect data is hard to do! In 2020, BFBL will continue working with interested market members to conduct on-site paper surveys or "DOT" surveys (picture below) of market visitors. The goal is to collect metrics for your market that can steer long-term decision making, increase sales at market and help you create data-driven messaging. Email email@example.com for details!
To be eligible the farmers' market must:
- Be located in Nebraska and feature foods or other agricultural products grown in Nebraska or bordering counties to Nebraska.
- Only use BFBLN materials to promote their markets. Vendors must join individually to use signage and point of purchase materials.
- Market vendors must fit into at least one of the criteria listed under farmers. BFBLN members that also retail non- locally produced items are expected to take care not to use BFBLN materials in a misleading manner.
- If you are a farmer/rancher who is growing and selling your own product on your farm or at a stand on your property, please go to Farmers/Ranchers section