Lavender Shortbread Cookies
Author: Sleepy Bees Lavender Farm
- 2 1/2 tsp. dried lavender buds
- 3/4 lb butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- With a mortarand pestle, or a spice grinder, grind lavender buds until very fine.
- In a stand mixer, combine butterand sugar and lavender and beat until creamy. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and until it forms a ball.
- Roll the dough to about 1/2 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters or a knife into whatever shapes you like.
- Put the cookies on a sheet pan and refrigerate for 1 hour or until very firm.*This step is very important so that the cookies keep their shape and don't spread too much during baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until beginning to brown around the edges
Learn more about Sleepy Bees Lavender Farm