Meet Ellen & Jim Shank of Paradise in Progress Farm!
Whoever says you can't grow fruit in Nebraska hasn't met the farmers at Paradise in Progress! Growing a variety of fruits from apples and blackberries, to peaches, raspberries and cherries...this farm shows off the flavors of Nebraska fruit production. In addition to fruits, Paradise in Progress grows diversified vegetables and raises sheep, chickens, and ducks.
Paradise in Progress offers:
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Eggs - both chicken and duck!
Growing Vegetables 3 Seasons Out of the Year in Nebraska
Ellen and Jim Shank have two high tunnels on their farm. High tunnels are unheated greenhouses that farmers can use to extend their growing season, keep plants protected from weather (wind, rain, cold or hot temperatures), and also provide some protection against pests. Paradise in Progress Farm primarily uses high tunnels to grow cool-season crops like lettuce in the spring and fall and high value crops like tomtatoes in the summer.
Where you can find Paradise in Progress Farm products:
- On-Farm Store open until the fall - find out more about hours and product availability by calling 402-874-9540 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join their Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program - learn more about what a CSA is here!
- Find them at farmers' markets in Omaha, Bellevue, and Nebraska City!