Pasture Grazed Beef Roast in an Instant Pot
Author: Sheila Garrison, DS Family Farm, Malcolm, DS Family Farm
- 3 lbs. grass-fed beef roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil or other cooking oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups beef bone broth or water
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté.
- Add coconut oil/cooking oil
- When simmering, add the roast.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until browned then flip roast to brown the other side.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Top with onion and garlic. Pour in broth or water.
- Close and lock Instant Pot lid.
- Set Instant Pot to “Manual” and program for 70 minutes.
Plan on extra time for natural release, the roast retains the juices better.
Learn more about DS Family Farm