Meet Jerry & Renee Cornett of Prairie Plate Restaurant & Lakehouse Farm!
Farm to table restaurant ON THE FARM! Unwind with an evening meal at Prairie Plate Restaurant where you can gaze at the scenic rural lakefront setting while enjoying a taste of the good life. Prairie Plate offers a seasonal menu made with ingredients grown at their own farm, Lakehouse Farm, and other regional producers.
The dining room is currently closed, but Prairie Plate is offering their heart-warming meals at the Sunday Farmers' Market and through weekly meal deliveries in Lincoln and Omaha - go to their website for more information.
Prairie Plate Restaurant is Nebraska's premier farm-to-table restaurant. Chef Renee Cornett and farm manager, Jerry Cornett, serve the best Nebraska has to offer with a diversity of local ingredients from farmstead cheeses and seasonal vegetables to pastured beef and pork.
"Over eighty-five percent of the produce we serve comes from our co-located certified organic farm and more than ninety percent of our food expenditures go to local producers. We select seed varieties for flavor and prepare dishes with a respect for those ingredients. As a produce farm, vegetables are always front and center. The restaurant moves through the seasons with the farm and local producers and we highlight the incredible flavors of ingredients grown with care. Our farm and kitchen are designed to maximize the flavor of each ingredient."
Not to mention that the restaurant sits by a beautiful lake, which glistens during the sunset as you enjoy your meal. Located just 15 minutes from downtown Lincoln, Prairie Plate Restaurant is perfect for a special meal with your family and friends. The restaurant is open seasonally and for special events. The on-site farm, Lakehouse Farm, is known for growing three types of beets (red, gold, and candy-striped) as well as a variety of flavorful tomatoes (look for the tomato flight to sample all the varieties on the menu during the summer!). Some of our favorite Lakehouse farm tomato varieties include brandywine and red pear. You can find gourmet vegetables from the farm at the Sunday Farmers Market in Lincoln for your own at-home cooking experience!
Prairie Plate is showcased in the Truth, Love, and Clean Cutlery guidebook, which features inspirational restaurants across the United States.
The menu changes every week depending what is in season, which guarantees great choices each time you visit. Here are some menu favorites:
Crostini with Chevre Cheese and Roasted Tomato
Lentil Stuffed Sheepnose Peppers
Sunflower Steelhead Trout
Pastured Pork Chop with Rhubarb Sauce
Dutch Apple Pie
Prairie Plate Restaurant & Lakehouse Farm offers:
- A seasonal menu made with local meats, cheeses, grains, and produce. Vegetarian & Gluten Free options available, please call ahead.
- Private events
- Certified organic vegetables
Where you can find Prairie Plate Restaurant & Lakehouse Farm:
- Dine at their restaurant in the country - map here! Reservations are encouraged, but not required.
- Seasonal hours at the restaurant for dinner, April through New Year's Eve, plus special events and brunch - check website for hours!
- Catering is available! Prairie Plate caters at an array of events in the state from Glacial Till Winery Sunday meals, Grain Place Foods Field Day, and more. Keep up to date by following them on Facebook!
- Get Chef Renee's restaurant quality meals or Lakehouse Farm organic vegetables at the Sunday Farmers' Market in Lincoln