You manage the market. We'll do the marketing.
2021 Membership begins in December and runs through January!
*Join by January 31 to be listed in our printed food guide. All members will be listed in online food guide and online map.
Membership Criteria & Eligibility
|Membership Type||Cost of Full|
16 - 35 vendors $75
36+ vendors $150
A physical space that operates during a specific day and time where farmers and vendors gather and sell food products & other items directly to consumers.
Cost depends on average number of vendors on a given week during the season.
|A minimum of two local farms gather and sell at your market.|
We have two membership levels so you can choose what works best for your business: our full membership and our online only membership.
Option 1: Full Membership (print & online listing) includes...
$25 - $150 depending on membership type
* indicates only available for this membership level
- *Professionally-designed poster for your market
*Listing in the printed Nebraska Food Guide
*Laminated BFBLN certificate
*Point of Purchase cards for market stand or farm store
*Featured Member article online + featured member social media promotion
*Discount on advertisements for printed food guide
*Discount for on-site visitor surveys
Use of BFBLN logos & branding
Listing in BFBLN online food guide
Listing in BFBLN Local Food Map
Promotion in statewide marketing campaigns
Inclusion in our members only listserv
Inclusion in BFBLN local food events
Annual member dues help us print our annual food guide, host local food events, and expand programming. We want our membership to feel engaged to help drive the organization, create change in our local food system, and tell others what membership means to them.
This year we started a 3-year campaign to promote Nebraska Farmers' Markets... Go to Grow!
- Profesionally-designed poster with your market name, dates, and location: Example Poster. From the Farmers' Market Coalition website: In a recent national survey of farmers who sell at farmers markets, farmers reported the best way markets can support their business is by better advertising and signage. The trusty poster has long served as one of the most essential ways farmers markets can promote their venue.
- Promotion in the Nebraska Food Guide - Listing in a beautiful professionally-designed local food directory, identifying your farmers' market as one that supports Nebraska diversified family farmers and ranchers, and that offers consumers locally-produced food. See the current printed food guide here!
- Listing in our Online Food Guide.
- Receive promotional signage including a BFBLN Certificate and window cling.
- Promotion at events and on the BFBLN website, email, social media and traditional media.
- Highlighted as a “Featured Member of the Week” on social media and the website. Articles are archived on the BFBLN website for consumer awareness.
- Take part in events that keep you connected with other BFBLN members and consumers searching for locally-grown and raised food, and organizations and agencies that support local food production and Nebraska’s outstanding diversified farmers and ranchers.
- Marketing, business management, pricing, new regulations trainings and technical assistance as requested.
- Discounted price to conduct ogon-site visitor surveys for your market. Make Data Work For You. We know that finding time to collect data is hard to do! In 2020, BFBL will continue working with interested market members to conduct on-site paper surveys or "DOT" surveys (picture below) of market visitors. The goal is to collect metrics for your market that can steer long-term decision making, increase sales at market and help you create data-driven messaging. Email email@example.com for details!