Meet Ron & Terri Sue Mazza of Food4Hope near Beatrice, NE!
What Food4Hope Offers:
- Nebraska-grown fruits like apples, elderberries, and peaches
- Assortment of fresh vegetables
- Cow milk
- Chicken Eggs
- Value added products such as jams/jellies and preserved vegetables
- Home baked goods
“We believe healthy people create healthy communities.”
Food4Hope brings clean, nutrient-dense, high-quality food to the people of Beatrice and Gage County, Nebraska. The farmers, Ron and Terri Sue, moved to the farmland near Beatrice in 2016 from Omaha with a passion for growing food and teaching the community how to grow, cook, preserve, and enjoy the harvest.
Providing quality food for the people of Beatrice and giving hope to those in need
But Food4Hope is no ordinary farm – in addition to growing food for sale – Food4Hope also donates food to those in need and provides work experience and life skill training for those in substance recovery programs in the area. Part of the work force on the farm are local women recovery from substance abuse.
One partnership with the Adult and Teen Challenge of the Midlands Blue River Women’s Clinic in Beatrice has opened a new opportunity for those in the community striving to overcome drug and substance abuse. Dozens of women in the recovery program have now come out to the farm on a regular basis to gain work experience and life skills. As Ron has said, it is a “win-win” experience. A win for the farm because they didn’t have enough labor to operate the farm and a win for the women that come to the farm because they learn practical useful skills from gardening and cooking to selling products at a market stand.
Support the mission of Food4Hope by donating today!
How to find Food4Hope:
- Find their booth at the Beatrice Farmers’ Market on Thursday evenings May through October
- Join their VIP membership (email email@example.com for more info)
- Access food through a work-exchange program or by donation to those in need. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reach out directly to order food or pick-up on the farm
- Contact Information