Meet Chloe Diegel and Alex McKiernan of Robinette Farms!
“Our passion is to provide the most nutritious food we can to our community."
- Certified organic produce
- Certified organic microgreens and sunflower/pea shoots
- Salad Subscription program - 4 seasons, customizable!
- Farmstand Box - purchase a box of produce on a week-to-week basis
Co-owners Chloe & Alex, along with an awesome farm crew, grow organic vegetables and microgreens at Robinette Farms. Just outside Lincoln, near Sprague Nebraska, Robinette Farms has been growing vegetables, growing soil and growing their capacity to provide healthy food since 2010. The farm produces certified organic vegetables and microgreens year-round with the help of season extension tools like multiple hoop houses (some moveable) and a greenhouse. With these tools Robinette is able to offer 40 weeks of organic, fresh produce to the Lincoln area.
Robinette Farms specializes in growing microgreens. Microgreens are very young, tender plants, harvested when the plant is only 1-3 inches tall after the first true leaves of the plant emerges (depending on the plant, can be anywhere from 7-21 days). Many edible plants make excellent microgreens like broccoli, dill, basil, arugula, beets, mustards, and many others! The flavor tends to be similar to the mature plant, but tend to be a bit more subtle. Microgreens back a nutritional punch and are a great flavor addition to salads and a variety of main dishes. Learn more about microgreens and the difference between sprouts, microgreens, and baby greens from the North Carolina Cooperative Extension.
Where you can find Robinette Farms:
- Year Round Salad Subscription Program - fully customizable with add-ons like eggs, bread, locally-roasted coffee, herbal tea and cheese!
- Lincoln and Omaha Grocery Stores and Restaurants and through BFBLN member Lone Tree Foods
- Robinette Farm Blog - Keep up to date on farm happenings!
- Instagram and Facebook - Check out all the recipe ideas from their happy eaters!