Cabbage and Apple Slaw
Author: Georgia Jones, Associate Professor, Extension Food Specialist
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large unpeeled apple, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the green and red cabbage, Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, celery seed, and pepper. Add the apple slices.
- Combine with cabbage and toss gently until coated. Cover and chill one hour,
Cabbage is an abundant fall and winter vegetabke that is inexpensive, highly nutritious, and has a great storage life in the refrigerator.