Share with BFBLN a poem about all the delicious food grown in Nebraska! Selected poems will be published in our 2020 Nebraska Food Guide. Submission deadline: November 30, 2019.
The Nebraska Food Guide is a professionally designed publication that showcases small to mid-sized local farmers, ranchers, food makers, farmers' markets, and businesses that support local food. Around 8,000 copies of The Food Guide are distributed across the state free to everyone!
We're looking for heartfelt work that uplifts local food, speaks to our connection to land and eachother, or generally draws from the following themes (not limited to these themes!):
local food- gardens – growing – orchards – vegetables and fruits – humans growing food – livestock & animal husbandry – farmers' markets – cooking – eating - sensory pleasure – community – sustainable food growing - soil – microorganisms – learning – natural resources
Poems for inclusion will be selected by a panel of farmers &ranchers, BFBLN employees, writers and food enthusiasts. Selected poems will be published in the 2020 Nebraska Food Guide, and the poets will receive free swag from BFBLN.
- Any one, any age, any writing experience is welcome to submit a poem!
- Word count / line counts are flexible –please keep in mind we have limited space in the food guide.
- Must be the original work of the author.
- All entries will be judged blind with author names removed from each entry before reading.
- Submissions will be accepted until November 30th 2019.
- Submit poem, and contact information (name, email, age, phone number and city/town) to email@example.com
- Winners will be notified by December 20th 2019. Poetry will be published in the 2020 Nebraska Food Guide printed April 2020.
By submitting your poems, the author grants Buy Fresh Buy Local Nebraska a license to publish and reproduce the poem online and in other media.