Meet Alex and Barbara Martin from Martin's Hillside Orchard!
“Our focus is on nature activities for all to enjoy - picking the ripest, tastiest fruit; searching for critters in the butterfly garden; walking the discovery trail to find leaves and seeds; taking narrated hay rack rides; or playing in the kid area and corn maze."
Martin's Hillside Orchard has offered individuals and families an outdoor experience where they can pick apples and other fruits, enjoy the fun activities for children, explore the orchard at their leisure, and spend time in nature. Alex and Barbara started the orchard in the early 1980's and have enjoyed making the space open to the public for many years!
Martin's Hillside Orchard offers:
- U-Pick Apples, Peaches, & Raspberries
- Pumpkin & Squash
- Apple Cider
Martin's Hillside Orchard is open from late August until the end of October as the various fruits ripen.
What is U-Pick?
Martin's Hillside Orchard is a U-Pick Farm, which means you can come out with family or friends and harvest your own fruit, fresh from the tree or vine! The farm is a perfect afternoon getaway with peach, raspberry, and apple harvest starting in late August and pumpkin harvest into October. U-Pick operations (also known as You-Pick or Pick-Your-Own) are a great way to spend time with your family and friends. See how your food grows and have fun picking it too!
Where you can find Martin's Hillside Orchard:
- Purchase products from their on-farm store
- Find season updates on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/martinshillsideorchard/
- Come out to their farm near Ceresco to pick your own fruit! Check out their: U-Pick Schedule
- Plan a visit with your family or friends: http://www.hillside-orchard.com/plan-a-visit/
- Sign-up for their newsletter to stay in touch: http://www.hillside-orchard.com/