Meet Gerald and Kim Slezak of Slezak Ag & Natural Resources in Milligan, NE.
“Home-grown naturally lean beef from our fields to your freezer.”
What Slezak Ag & Natural Resources offers:
- Natural beef, custom-packaged (delivery offered)
- Beef jerky
- Website design
- Biochar (gardening enhancement / soil fertilizer)
- Barley straw (natural pond algae growth control)
- Custom sized wooden slabs & boards, (ex: tables and counters)
“Lean Beef from Happy, Wandering Cows”
As a 4th generation farmer, Gerald Slezak has made it his life goal to provide quality food and products for his customers. As a kid, experiences like selling sweet corn with his mom, working pigs, and starting his own custom baling operation affected how he runs the farm today. Slezak continues to have personal interactions with his customers. “Providing quality products and seeing their enjoyment” is his motivation to continue his work. The operation continues as a small family farm run by Gerald and his wife Kim near Milligan, Neb.
“Lean beef from happy, wandering cows” is just one of the few products that they provide. Kim, a forester by trade, runs the sawmill operation, taking trees and turning them into custom boards and slabs. The Slezaks take great care to acknowledge the relationship between natural resources and agricultural production and the importance of being good stewards. Supplying a wide variety of quality products, a list that continues to expand, is important to this family farm. The Slezaks genuinely care for their customers, connecting with them by supplying unique and custom products.
Where to find Slezak Ag & Natural Resources:
- Call or Text Gerald at (402)366-4267, Gerald welcomes messages and enjoys connecting with customers.
- Visit their Website for information on their beef products
- Follow on Facebook (Slezak Natural Beef) or Facebook (Slezak Natural Resources)
- Contact info: http://buylocalnebraska.org/online-food-guide/slezak-ag-natural-resources-slezak-podniky
This article was written in collaboration with Buy Fresh Buy Local staff and UNL Student Harleigh Lisius.